August 7, 2020
To help keep Charlottesville and the surrounding area safe, UVA Health is teaming up with the Virginia Department of Health, Thomas Jefferson Health District and community partners to offer four free COVID-19 testing events each week.
October 17, 2019
Only 20% of an individual’s health status is related to clinical health care. The other 80% are shaped by socioeconomic factors, their physical environment, and their health behaviors. Having access to healthy foods, safe and stable housing, reliable transportation and a well-paying job leads to increased well-being. To better connect patients with community resources that can meet these needs, UVA Health purchased a technology-based referral network, PIECES Iris™.
August 16, 2019
UVA Primary Care Waynesboro is now seeing patients ages 13 and older at its new location – 1850 Rosser Ave. The clinic provides comprehensive primary care, ranging from checkups and physicals to chronic disease management and minor surgical procedures.
July 30, 2019
U.S. News & World Report has ranked University of Virginia Medical Center as the No. 1 hospital in Virginia for the fourth consecutive year.
July 8, 2019
UVA Health has acquired Harrisonburg Pediatrics, and the practice is now named UVA Pediatrics Harrisonburg.
November 19, 2018
To ensure patients have consistent access to primary care, UVA Primary Care Madison is consolidating with UVA’s primary care practices in Culpeper.